The website at www.flowersbypostuk.com (the "Website") is owned by Flowers By Post UK ("we/us"). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act1998, the data controller in respect of the Website Flowers By Post UK. We are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our Website and complying with all applicable laws in the use of the information we collect about you.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it, including what type of information is collected and tracked on the Website, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared.
The information we collect.
We may collect two types of information from users of this Website:
1. "Personal Information" (including, but not limited to), your name, date of birth, address, telephone number (including mobile number), credit card information or e-mail address; and
2. Anonymous "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" (such as information about how many users log on to our Website). The personal information we may collect and process includes:
• Personal details that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services or requesting further services, including, but not limited to, your name, date of birth, address, telephone number (including mobile number), credit card information or e-mail address;
• Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• Details of any transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of orders; and
• Dealings with third parties who hold personal information on you (which could include organisations such as banks, credit card agencies). They may provide this information as a matter of ordinary business dealings, or we may ask them to do so.
Uses made of the information we collect.
The personal information you provide on the Website will be used, among other things, for the following purposes:
• To process your order (including payment authorisation);
• To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To notify you about changes to our services;
• If Flowers By Post UK or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Flowers By Post UK, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
• For marketing purposes, as described in more detail under "Direct Marketing" below.
If you are a new or existing customer, and where you permit selected third parties(such as mutual commercial partners who may advertise on our website from time to time) to use your personal information, we (or they) will contact you bye-mail, mail, telephone, SMS or other means.
If you would like to opt-out of Flowers By Post UK contacting you for marketing purposes,you can do so at any time by e-mailing us.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, the security of our system is very important to us. We seek to ensure that up-to-date data storage and security techniques are used to protect the personal information. All our employees and any third parties we engage to process the personal information are also obliged to respect the confidentiality of this personal information.The personal information is held on secure online servers utilising the Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) standard.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use personal information we will notify you by email or an announcement on the Website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes.
If you have any questions/comments or requests about privacy, you can contact us.
Flowers By Post UK is a trade name of Handy Services LTD, a business that is registered in England.
Handy Services LTD
8-10 South Street, Epsom, Surrey, England, KT18 7PF
Contact Address of Flowers By Post UK
Flat 2 Thirlestane Court Colney Hatch Lane, London, N10 1LH